Tuesday, November 20, 2012

First Mini-Goal Reached!

After a couple days of feeling bloated and generally "poofy" in the midsection I was  nervous about getting on the scale this morning. As it stands in the past 3 days I've consumed more cake than I have in months. My daughters' had their birthday and my husband's birthday was lastnight. I allowed myself to have a slice of cake for both events.

So when I jumped on the scale this morning, buck ass nekid (as I normally do... hey, every ounce counts!) I looked down through my squinted fearful eyes and ended up doing a happy dance.... I am officially under 150 lbs! YAY! I am proud of myself. I might be losing slowly but at least I'm losing.

I reminded myself today that it's not a race. That I don't need to reach my final goal within a certain time period, as long as I get there. I am fully confident in myself that I can get there by bathing suit season, of course, but I'm not going to freak if I'm not losing a full 10 lbs per month. I feel better about myself already.

Plus, you know what's great? Running into an ex and having them text you afterwards saying "you look good." Boo-yah!


No comments:

Post a Comment