Friday, November 16, 2012

Restaurant Freak Out


I don't know about you all, but when I find that I have to eat out of the house I tend to get a little anxious. In short... I freak the hell out. I find myself searching for the healthiest things to eat at my favorite places via web, database, etc. 
We went out last night to celebrate my twin daughters' birthday and they chose Ruby Tuesday's. So let me tell you what I ordered.... 
They have a pretty darn good "Fit N Trim" menu! Here I ordered the Spaghetti Squash Marinara for a mere 260 calores (for the entire plate!) and I was only able to finish half of it.  I also indulged in the Garden Bar and made sure to pile on the veggies. Spring mix, mushrooms, edamame, peas and broccoli... Used VERY little balsamic vinagrette to top it off. All in all my entire meal cost me under 400 calories. And I was STUFFED.
 Because it was their birthday they gave all of us a free cupcake each. I chose the Red Velvet and only ate half. It was amazing. And honestly, eating only half was plenty. It was so rich and just enough to make me happy. I gave the other half to the husband. Which was wrong of me to do since I am trying to keep him on track, as well. Whoops!
 So there you go. I am proud of myself! I am eating the other half of my entree right now for lunch and for a mere 130 calories it's sooooo worth it. :) 

1 comment:

  1. i can't believe restaurants are serving spaghetti squash w/marinara! i can eat that! i checked out their menu and they have mashed cauliflower too for a side. i'm definitely going to ruby tuesday's next time we need a place to go out for dinner!

    ReplyDelete