Friday, April 19, 2013

That Damn Wagon


I wouldn't say that I've fallen off the wagon, really. I am still holding on as best as I can but my grip is slipping. 
 In the past few weeks I have gained and lost 3 lbs back and forth. I've watched my weight loss ticker go up and down. I bought new smaller pants only to find that I can't fit into them properly now (they fit when I bought them!)
 I could state all kinds of reasons as to why I've bounced back and forth. I have NOT been doing my usual morning workouts. At all. I had to make TWO volcanos out of cake for my daughter's science project (the first one failed asthetically so we have been steadily consuming it over the past two days). I've had a toothache which has caused an increase of soft foods and soups (high sodium). I've been stressed out with personal matters and also with the events in Boston - which directly affect my job - therefore causing me to seek comfort in food items. I've been logging as usual and though it doesn't seem like I'm doing THAT badly, the scale does not lie. 
 But those seem to be excuses for my dieting failure. And instead of making excuses for myself I am choosing to acknowledge the fact that I screwed up and pull my sorry ass back up onto the wagon again. 

Tomorrow night I am going to spend time with my friend and colleague. The plan is that I will feed us a homemade lasagna and then we will go out for drinks. I am sure to be over calories tomorrow. I'm certain. But I know that as of Monday I am going to be back on track full force, baby. Waking up at 6am, getting my workout on, making sure I consume only healthy and clean-ish foods. I will drink more water and less coffee. 
No more excuses. No more slacking. I've got 3 months to lose 15 lbs. Sh!t just got real, 

No comments:

Post a Comment